When it comes to disposing of household items and waste in Vancouver, it is important to ensure that it is done correctly. Throwing furniture in your condo building’s dumpster or tossing electronics in a neighbour’s garbage bin is not only bad for the environment but it could also lead to a significant fine. As an environmentally friendly waste disposal company, Onestop Disposal is committed to ensuring that household waste is disposed of properly. We provide complete junk removal services and ensure that all items are disposed of in the correct locations. If you are looking to dispose of individual items by yourself, it is important to know where they should go. That is why our team has created a guide to help you dispose of waste responsibly in Vancouver and the surrounding areas.
Responsible Waste Disposal in Vancouver
If you are looking at disposing of clothes, furniture, electronics, or other household items, the first thing to do is to determine if they are still usable. If they are, consider donating them to a local charity or thrift store instead of disposing of them. For items that are beyond repair, follow the guide below or trust the experts at Onestop Disposal to get the job done right.
As one of the most common items in a home, it is important to know how to properly dispose of electronics. Electronics can be disposed of in the following ways:
- Return the device(s) to a retailer or manufacturer. Most electronics retailers offer recycling programs for the products they sell, allowing you to dispose of a device where you bought it.
- Bring your electronics to an applicable “Return-It” depot. These locations accept electronics in addition to bottles, cans, and cardboard.
- Contact the team at Onestop Disposal to get rid of your electronics for you with either of these methods.
If you have an unusable mattress, couch, table, or other piece of furniture, proper disposal can ensure that it is recycled instead of sitting in a landfill. Furniture can be disposed of in the following ways:
- Bring your old furniture to a zero-waste centre or recycling depot. Note that this may vary for wood and metal furniture.
- Drop your furniture off at a transfer station for sorting and recycling.
- Contact our team so we can responsibly dispose of old furniture for you.
Did you know that large appliances can be dropped off for free at the Vancouver zero-waste centre? Other effective methods include recycling depots and local transfer stations. Please note that items like refrigerators and freezers must be completely emptied prior to recycling.
To learn more about how to dispose of waste responsibly in Vancouver, reach out to the experts at Onestop Disposal. Our team can provide the perfect disposal and recycling solution for your home, business, or worksite.